Resume - Thijs Van Damme
Addicted to web design I enjoy creating engaging UI/UX applications for my clients and their users. I love learning new technologies, and using them in my projects. My goal is to continue to grow as a developer and IT consultant and work with a great team of people with diverse skill sets while creatively use technology to solve difficult problems.
Full Stack Designer & Developer / Lead IT Services Consultant @ AMEX International Inc.
2015 - Present
- Designed, created and implemented a new responsive website with custom features and provided continuous improvements and maintenance
- Generated analytics to gain valuable business insights
- Designed marketing materials. (Logo refresh, business cards, brochure, style guide, etc) and maintained a coherent social media presence
- Improved internal communication and document management by implementing alternative innovative software solutions
- Researched, analyzed and implemented ATS, CRM, and custom database applications to optimize business processes and business development
- Provided ongoing tech-training for a diverse portfolio of software, manage hardware including computers, printers and phone system
Managing Director @ TVD Web Design
2008 - Present
- Produced user-centered web solutions for small to mid-size businesses
- Provided web-related consulting services including: Marketing Strategies, selecting CMS, CRM and E-commerce solutions
- Created hand-coded front end templates using HTML5/CSS3/JS and by using frameworks like Foundation / Bootstrap that use SASS pre-processors and created GIT repositories for better code management
- Coordinated multilingual training and support for custom web solutions and designed other marketing graphics like logos, business cards, posters, newsletters and magazine pages for printing.
Technical Project Manager @ Crossknowledge
Jan 2008 - Dec 2009
- Creating and managing E-learning products and managing subscriptions and certifications
- Working closely with the clients E-Learning managers and provide them with insights, knowledge and support
- Providing multilingual support to users with Salesforce.
- Writing custom support solutions and documentation with reusability in mind
- Setting up off/on site multilingual training and providing customized documentation
Content Manager @ Leguide.com
Feb 2007 - Jan 2008
- Main site editor for sister site Koopkeus.nl
- Managing vendors, products, and database entries.
- Managing Indexing and metadata for products
- Creating newsletters
- Finding new vendors and contact for the site content
- Providing vendor support and training.
- Translating content information for the Dutch sister site.
A food delivery startup in Belgium, the client requested an easy to use and informative website using the latest technologies.
Gateway EMS International
The main purpose for this site is informative, a catalog if you will in the world of natural beauty products. The site has been launched in 2012 but further development is put on a (temporary) hold unfortunately due to lack of funding and time. The project allowed some room for creativity and personality, all the while providing a good structure to navigate true the sometimes long pages. The templates has been build with the then brand new Bootstrap Framework and the content is delivered by the CMS Modx.
Full branding project, they run multiple Physiotherapy centers in Belgium and Dubai. All the marketing material they use for promotion has come true my hands. They were my first client when I started out freelancing and I learned a great deal about running a web design business thanks to them, they constantly challenge me to come up with a variety of creative solutions that enable me to grow on a professional level.
Thijs Van Damme
UX/UI Designer and Front End Developer
5151 7th St. NE
Washington D.C. 20011
+(1) 202 304 6552
- Native Dutch
- Fluent English
- Fluent French
- Proficient Spanish